Predictive Modeling and What it Means to You
Spring 2022 Actuarial Science and Financial Mathematics Seminar
Date and Time: Friday, April 22, 2022, 2:00 PM (CST)
Speaker: Dr. Shawn Jin (Bunker Hill Insurance)
Abstract: In this talk, we are going to on predictive modeling and its applications. We are trying to answer some of the questions that you may have on predictive models:
1. What is predictive modeling?
2. What we can do with predictive models in business?
3. What methods we often use to build predictive models?
4. What kinds of data we often use?
5. What kinds of job functions you can think of with data & analytics?
6. What attributes and skills you can develop for your future career in industry?
Speaker’s Biography: Shawn Jin leads Data Science team to support rapid growth of the home product in Plymouth Rock Home Group (Bunker Hill Insurance) through advanced analytics with big data, supporting business strategies around product, underwriting, marketing, claims and renewals. Shawn has 25 years of experience in solving business problems using big data and analytics. Before came to Plymouth Rock, Shawn held various leadership positions in AIG, McKinsey, Targetbase, Merkle and CapitalOne. Shawn received BS in Mathematical Statistics from University of Science and Technology of China and MS/PhD of Statistics from Purdue University.